Piggydb is a flexible and scalable knowledge building platform that supports a heuristic or bottom-up approach to discover new concepts or ideas based on your input. You can begin with using it as a flexible outliner, diary or notebook, and as your database grows, Piggydb helps you to shape or elaborate your own knowledge. Soon, it will become an indispensable knowledge base to your creative work.
With Piggydb, you can create highly structured content by connecting knowledge fragments to each other to build a network structure, which is more flexible and expressive than a tree structure. Fragments can also be classified using hierarchical tags.
Piggydb does not aim to be a remember-everything-type-of-database application. It aims to be a platform that encourages you to organize your knowledge continuously to build a valuable knowledge base, and moreover enrich your creativity.
- Power and simplicity in the same package
- No installation needed: Just unzip downloaded archive and run the file
- For private use, from one person to small groups of people
How Piggydb Works
1. Create knowledge fragments for anything you want to write down: your thoughts, ideas, articles excerpts, TODOs, etc.
2. Organize the fragments with:
3. Browse your knowledge base in the various views: